Definition of Miserere:
- A musical composition adapted to the 50th psalm.
- A small projecting boss or bracket, on the under side of the hinged seat of a church stall ( see Stall). It was intended, the seat being turned up, to give some support to a worshiper when standing. Called also misericordia.
- Same as Ileus.
- The psalm usually appointed for penitential acts, being the 50th psalm in the Latin version. It commences with the word miserere.
- "Berlin and Sans-Souci", Louise Muhlbach.
- "Mogens and Other Stories Mogens; The Plague At Bergamo; There Should Have Been Roses; Mrs. Fonss", Jens Peter Jacobsen.
- "Love Letters of a Violinist and Other Poems", Eric Mackay.