Definition of mislead:
sucker, give a bum steer, misdirect, debauch, study at deceive, humbug, misinform, throw off the scent, pervert, bamboozle, lure, hornswoggle, misguide, scam, entangle, put someone on, humbug, juggle, fabricate, double-cross, debase, bluff, burn, concoct, misaddress, honest, spoof, bamboozle, beguile, bend the truth, ensnare, cozen, inveigle, demoralize, enmesh, demoralise, have, cozen, snooker, lead one on a merry chase, take for a ride, take in, bluff, overreach, lie, four-flush, string along, misspeak, suck in, profane, hoax, gaff, gammon, beguile, lead astray, snow, take in, play false, catch, put something over on, manufacture, subvert, gull, buffalo, deprave, vitiate, invent, make up, bait, lead off, outwit, victimize, fake out, have on.
- deceive (part of speech: verb)
- misteach (part of speech: verb)
- dupe (part of speech: verb)
- "A Sicilian Romance", Ann Radcliffe.
- "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.
- "Nature's Serial Story", E. P. Roe.