Definition of missile :
1. A weapon thrown or projected or intended to be projcted, as a lance, an arrow, or a bullet.
2. Capable of being thrown; adapted for hurling or to be projected from the hand, or from any instrument or rngine, so as to strike an object at a distance.
weapon (part of speech: noun)
Colt, bullet, ammunition, arrow, blowpipe, ax, trigger, Sidewinder, Remington, carbine, Browning, battery, shell, artillery, stiletto, piece, torpedo, peashooter, heater, sword, rifle, firearm, flamethrower, machine gun, dagger, javelin, spear, shooter, handgun, broadsword, blowgun, ordnance, bayonet, machete, rocket, musket, bilbo, gun, mace, knife, weapon, bow and arrow, pistol, armament, revolver, blunderbuss, repeater, saber, cannon, club, mortar, lance, scimitar, luger, weaponry, bomber, muzzle, boomerang, Winchester, shotgun, rapier, claymore, cutlass, bazooka, howitzer
- Looking up, he saw another missile curve into his patch of sky and swiftly bear down on him. - "Hopalong Cassidy's Rustler Round-Up Bar-20", Clarence Edward Mulford.
- Mern acted as if he were looking for a missile. - "Joan of Arc of the North Woods", Holman Day.
- It had a broad blade and a short handle and was used as a missile. - "Great Inventions and Discoveries", Willis Duff Piercy.