Definition of mitigated:
- alleviated (part of speech: verb)
- vindicated (part of speech: verb)
- qualified (part of speech: verb)
- "The Mysterious Rider", Zane Grey.
- "The Children of the World", Paul Heyse.
A closer resemblance - as I have more than once taken occasion to notice - may be found between the Peruvian institutions and some of the despotic governments of Eastern Asia; those governments where despotism appears in its more mitigated form, and the whole people, under the patriarchal sway of its sovereign, seem to be gathered together like the members of one vast family.- "History-of-the-Conquest-of-Peru-with-a-preliminary-view-of-the-civilization-of-the-Incas", Prescott, William Hickling.