Definition of mockery:
teasing, sendup, laugh, put on, caper, inanity, pasquinade, fraudulence, badinage, humbug, spoof, respect, laughingstock, dupery, jeering, mock, raillery, sarcasm, travesty, prank, takeoff, hoax, charade, lampoon, same, trick, parody, satire, farce comedy, banter, jest, absurdity, butt, burlesque, antic, chaff, scoffing, farce, fraud, jeer, laughter, scoff.
- contempt (part of speech: noun)
- ridicule (part of speech: noun)
- imitation (part of speech: noun)
- "Hetty's Strange History", Anonymous.
- "The Light of Scarthey", Egerton Castle.
And grasping her hand, he looked at her with a gentle mockery that passed immediately into that sudden seriousness- that unconscious air of command- of which the man of interior life holds the secret.- "Lady Merton, Colonist", Mrs. Humphry Ward.