Definition of moderation:
reliever, fasting, mitigation, ministration, mediation, substitute, increase, fill-in, rest period, relievo, rilievo, limitation, measure, reduction, temperance, palliation, self-control, extenuation, restriction, moderateness, respite, relief, continence, controlling, stand-in, sculptural relief, modestness, backup, backup man, self-restraint, embossment, abstemiousness, settlement, easement, soothing, license, governance, easing, rest, succour, edge, reasonableness, regulation, assuagement, succor.
- restraint (part of speech: noun)
- moderation (part of speech: noun)
- sobriety (part of speech: noun)
- temperance (part of speech: noun)
mildness (part of speech: noun)
- pacification (part of speech: noun)
- economy (part of speech: noun)
- "From the Easy Chair, series 3", George William Curtis.
- "The Revolt of The Netherlands, Complete", Frederich Schiller.
- "Tacitus: The Histories, Volumes I and II", Caius Cornelius Tacitus.