Definition of monastic:
back-to-nature, charismatic, inactive, reclusive, monk, New Age, cloistral, fast, unworldly, living, Christian, enclosed, ecclesiastical, charismatic, sequestered, Baptist, bohemian, born-again, secluded, interdenominational, evangelical, church, lay, gracious, conventual, cloistered, monastical, ecumenical.
- ascetic (part of speech: adjective)
- humble (part of speech: verb)
- celibate (part of speech: adjective)
- "The American Church Dictionary and Cyclopedia", William James Miller.
- "Monks, Popes, and their Political Intrigues", John Alberger.
- "Lafcadio Hearn", Nina H. Kennard.