Definition of monkey:
- A small trading vessel of the sixteenth century.
- A term of disapproval, ridicule, or contempt, as for a mischievous child.
- Any one of numerous species of Quadrumana ( esp. such as have a long tail and prehensile feet) exclusive of apes and baboons.
- Any species of Quadrumana, except the lemurs.
- In the most general sense, any one of the Quadrumana, including apes, baboons, and lemurs.
- The weight or hammer of a pile driver, that is, a very heavy mass of iron, which, being raised on high, falls on the head of the pile, and drives it into the earth; the falling weight of a drop hammer used in forging.
- To act or treat as a monkey does; to ape; to act in a grotesque or meddlesome manner.
toy, gull, muck around, touch, monkey around, goldbrick, shirk, imp, play, mug, trifle, gremlin, pixie, pixy, lamb, rascal, tamper, potter around, obsession, mess around, potter, pushover, meddle, scamp, tinker, varlet, gudgeon, mess, fall guy, rogue, brownie, hob, fidget, rapscallion, mark, help, twiddle, need, pigeon, putter around, knave, elf, compulsion, muck about, putter, scallywag, scalawag, wise, fiddle, shrink from, sap, diddle.