Definition of mortality:
- Death; destruction.
- Human life; the life of a mortal being.
- The condition or quality of being mortal; subjection to death or to the necessity of dying.
- The whole sum or number of deaths in a given time or a given community; also, the proportion of deaths to population, or to a specific number of the population; death rate; as, a time of great, or low, mortality; the mortality among the settlers was alarming.
- Those who are, or that which is, mortal; the human cace; humanity; human nature.
- "Around The Tea-Table", T. De Witt Talmage.
- "Three French Moralists and The Gallantry of France", Edmund Gosse.
- "The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Omnibus", American Anti-Slavery Society.