Definition of mosaic:
- A picture or design made in mosaic; an article decorated in mosaic.
- A surface decoration made by inlaying in patterns small pieces of variously colored glass, stone, or other material; - called also mosaic work.
- Of or pertaining to Moses, the leader of the Israelites, or established through his agency; as, the law, rites, or institutions.
- Of or pertaining to the style of work called mosaic; formed by uniting pieces of different colors; variegated; tessellated; also, composed of various materials or ingredients.
- multicolored (part of speech: adjective)
- "The South of France--East Half", Charles Bertram Black.
I hope that my clients- the people of average opinions- have by this time some confidence in me; for when I tell them that, after all, Mr. Gladstone is of opinion that the " Mosaic record" was meant to give moral, and not scientific, instruction to those for whom it was written, they may be disposed to think that I must be misleading them.- "Mr. Gladstone and Genesis Essay #5 from "Science and Hebrew Tradition"", Thomas Henry Huxley.
- "The Ordinance of Covenanting", John Cunningham.