Definition of mother :
1. A female parent; especially, one of the human race; a woman who has borne a child.
2. A film or membrane which is developed on the surface of fermented alcoholic liquids, such as vinegar, wine, etc., and acts as a means of conveying the oxygen of the air to the alcohol and other combustible principles of the liquid, thus leading to their oxidation.
3. An old woman or matron.
4. Hysterical passion; hysteria.
5. Received by birth or from ancestors; native, natural; as, mother language; also acting the part, or having the place of a mother; producing others; originating.
6. That which has produced or nurtured anything; source of birth or origin; generatrix.
7. The female superior or head of a religious house, as an abbess, etc.
8. To adopt as a son or daughter; to perform the duties of a mother to.
9. To become like, or full of, mother, or thick matter, as vinegar.
perplex, arrive, scram, yield, buzz off, incur, induce, daddy, fuss, birth father, mama, pay off, origin, nonplus, empty nester, start out, cherish, bird of prey, stimulate, render, give, cause, bring, get down, flummox, deadbeat dad, bewilder, grow, beat, have, get under one's skin, maternal, arrest, come, overindulgence, convey, beget, begin, vex, become, nestling, source, experience, go, ascendant, pose, custodial parent, well, find, engender, dam, mommy, rootstock, fountainhead, contract, bring forth, raptor, wait on someone hand and foot, loudmouth, capture, creep, know-all, fetch, get, mystify, bird of passage, provenience, administrator, bugger off, roll out the red carpet for someone, ass, birth parent, stick, catch, mum, amaze, game bird, set out, derivation, dumbfound, fledgling, acquire, spawn, female parent, fount, puzzle, aim, pay back, public enemy number one, commence, stupefy, mammy, provenance, breed, beginning, baffle, spoil, public nuisance, let, dickey, return, overprotect, (the) scum of the earth, superintendent, ma, suffer, vermin, maw, horror, drive, fret, yob, obtain, foremother, hen, do well by someone, fountain, fuss over, cock, pamper, progenitor, fix, matriarch, receive, dad, birth mother, root, set about, take, indulge, cosset, mummy, gravel, draw, spring, niggle, start, precede
precursor (part of speech: noun)
master (part of speech: noun)
landlady, authority, Lord, governor, guru, senior, principal, master, sire, abbot, titleholder, chief, executive, ruler, commander, squire, dean, maestro, proprietress, captain, mahatma, commandant, president, head, star, kingpin, landlord, headmaster, quartermaster, headmistress, officer, director, manager, proprietor, mandarin, leader
produce (part of speech: verb)
producer (part of speech: noun)
kinship (part of speech: noun)
father, motherhood, kin, ancestor, cousin, kinship, brotherhood, fraternity, family, kinfolk, niece, flesh, relation, nephew, blood, lineage, fatherhood, maternity, aunt, sisterhood, sister, paternity, uncle, heredity, clan, brother, consanguinity, relative
paternity (part of speech: noun)
aid (part of speech: verb)