Definition of motivation:
Synonyms for motivation:
need, want, pauperism, cause, penury, interest, indigence, fixation, excuse, inspiration, spice, fillip, absorption, spring, fascination, involvement, incitation, goad, yeast, point, pretext, motivating, in justification of something, reason, love affair, start, spur, stimulant, stimulator, pauperization, passion, ground, occasion, public interest, demand, motif, motive, boost.
- compulsion (part of speech: noun)
- aid (part of speech: noun)
- impulse (part of speech: noun)
- influence (part of speech: noun)
- motivation (part of speech: noun)
- "The Return of Tharn", Howard Carleton Browne.
At any given scene, the power of a part to reproduce itself in us is measured by the convincing quality given it by motivation, and for this there must be a full body of associations to draw on, to round out and complete understanding.- "The Psychology of Beauty", Ethel D. Puffer.
- "The Value of Money", Benjamin M. Anderson, Jr..