Definition of motor:
- A motor car; an automobile.
- A prime mover; a machine by means of which a source of power, as steam, moving water, electricity, etc., is made available for doing mechanical work.
- A type of internal- combustion engine in which the air drawn in by the suction stroke is so highly compressed that the heat generated ignites the fuel ( usually crude oil), the fuel being automatically sprayed into the cylinder under pressure. The Diesel engine has a very high thermal efficiency.
- One who, or that which, imparts motion; a source of mechanical power.
tug, push, repel, ram, truck, gas turbine, spark diesel, push back, auxiliary, AC electric, compound, T-head, wheel, turbine, low compression, ride, device, labour, Wankel, jet, airplane, L-head, force back, radial, electric, DC electric, repulse, drive, force, diesel, labor, aim, move, get, pilot, steam, rotary, instrument, automobile, in line, tool, take, V-type, beat back, high compression.
- "The Boy Aviators' Flight for a Fortune", Wilbur Lawton.
- "Arsene Lupin", Edgar Jepson Maurice Leblanc.
- "Monitress Merle", Angela Brazil.