Definition of mounting :
2. of Mount
3. That by which anything is prepared for use, or set off to advantage; equipment; embellishment; setting; as, the mounting of a sword or diamond.
4. The act of one that mounts.
ascending (part of speech: verb)
copulating (part of speech: verb)
ascent (part of speech: noun)
- Mounting his mule he broke into the thicket and disappeared. - "A Tar-Heel Baron", Mabell Shippie Clarke Pelton.
- John Mewes was mounting the quarterdeck, solemn and subdued. - "Caribbee", Thomas Hoover.
- But by a quick mounting he succeeded in hiding the rush of blood to his face. - "The Mystery of The Barranca", Herman Whitaker.