Definition of mourn :
1. To express or to feel grief or sorrow; to grieve; to be sorrowful; to lament; to be in a state of grief or sadness.
2. To grieve for; to lament; to deplore; to bemoan; to bewail.
3. To utter in a mournful manner or voice.
4. To wear the customary garb of a mourner.
lament (part of speech: verb)
regret (part of speech: verb)
- On the next: Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted. - "John Keble's Parishes", Charlotte M Yonge.
- Did she mourn all the things that had not been that did not matter, or all the things that had been that mattered even less? - "The Miller Of Old Church", Ellen Glasgow.
- Arriv'd, it then is soon enough to mourn. - "Original sonnets on various subjects; and odes paraphrased from Horace", Anna Seward.