Definition of mouth:
- A principal speaker; one who utters the common opinion; a mouthpiece.
- A wry face; a grimace; a mow.
- An opening affording entrance or exit; orifice; aperture;
- Cry; voice.
- Speech; language; testimony.
- The crosspiece of a bridle bit, which enters the mouth of an animal.
- The entrance into a harbor.
- The opening of a piece of ordnance, through which it is discharged.
- The opening of a vessel by which it is filled or emptied, charged or discharged; as, the mouth of a jar or pitcher; the mouth of the lacteal vessels, etc.
- The opening or entrance of any cavity, as a cave, pit, well, or den.
- The opening through which an animal receives food; the aperture between the jaws or between the lips; also, the cavity, containing the tongue and teeth, between the lips and the pharynx; the buccal cavity.
- The opening through which the waters of a river or any stream are discharged.
- To form or cleanse with the mouth; to lick, as a bear her cub.
- To make grimaces, esp. in ridicule or contempt.
- To make mouths at.
- To put mouth to mouth; to kiss.
- To speak with a full, round, or loud, affected voice; to vociferate; to rant.
- To take into the mouth; to seize or grind with the mouth or teeth; to chew; to devour.
- To utter with a voice affectedly big or swelling; to speak in a strained or unnaturally sonorous manner.
oral cavity, gumshield, mandible, trap, outlet, let the cat out of the bag, brim, rima oris, blab, utter, verbalize, gob, babble out, address, lip, backtalk, rim, spokeswoman, spokesperson, tattle, estuary, sass, mouthpiece, blab out, spokesman, speak, back talk, mug, verbalise, babble, lecture, substitute, yap, kisser, puss, grimace, face, trap, talk, confluence, give tongue to, maw, harbor, sing, let out, speaker, oral fissure, spill the beans, emit, express, moue, peach, sound, sassing, vent, open, let loose, spill, pout, muzzle.
- "Jess", H. Rider Haggard.
- "Sawtooth Ranch", B. M. Bower.
- "Laramie Holds the Range", Frank H. Spearman.