Definition of mover :
1. A person or thing that imparts motion, or causes change of place; a motor.
2. A person or thing that moves, stirs, or changes place.
3. A proposer; one who offers a proposition, or recommends anything for consideration or adoption; as, the mover of a resolution in a legislative body.
4. One who, or that which, excites, instigates, or causes movement, change, etc.; as, movers of sedition.
- Who was the prime mover? - "Witchcraft of New England Explained by Modern Spiritualism", Allen Putnam.
- Furthermore, the belt that is the prime mover of the gears driving these rollers is driven from the line shaft itself without the aid of any belt pulley. - "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II", Joshua Rose.
- It should carry a force of anticipation that capitalizes on that great mover to action- curiosity. - "Principles of Teaching", Adam S. Bennion.