Definition of multiply :
1. To add ( any given number or quantity) to itself a certain number of times; to find the product of by multiplication; thus 7 multiplied by 8 produces the number 56; to multiply two numbers. See the Note under Multiplication.
2. To become greater in number; to become numerous.
3. To increase ( the amount of gold or silver) by the arts of alchemy.
4. To increase amount of gold or silver by the arts of alchemy.
5. To increase in extent and influence; to spread.
6. To increase in number; to make more numerous; to add quantity to.
procreate, rise, cover, couple, project, hype, climb, spawn, pump up, courtship, mushroom, stoke, breeder, propagate, roll up, up, decrease, add to, swell, run up, accelerate, breed, soar, go up, build, produce, aggrandize, breeding, generate, breeding ground, wax, reproduce, gain, balloon, escalate, compound, engender, fertile, repeat, aggregate, supersize, go through the roof, fecund, add up, cube, manifold, reproduction, upsurge, snowball, spread, populate, boom, mount, prove, square, step up, accumulate, estrus, proliferate, asexual reproduction, regurgitate, beef up, appreciate, build up
calculate (part of speech: verb)
systematize, figure, calculate, reckon, quantize, rank, plan, compute, count, think, presume, sum, gauge, conclude, suppose, value, consider, total, weigh, scheme, guess, schedule, assess, tally, determine, deduce, estimate, surmise, plot, approximate, program, score, study, rationalize, rate, infer, measure, judge, account, evaluate, add, divide, quantify, triangulate, appraise, enumerate
increase (part of speech: verb)
enlarge, lengthen, increase, extend, accrue, increment, grow, expand, broaden, boost, reinforce, maximize, inflate, widen, amplify, burgeon, fatten, elevate, magnify, upgrade, raise, augment, advance, heighten
double (part of speech: verb)
- " I believe you are wanted to help increase and multiply," I answered. - "A Top-Floor Idyl", George van Schaick.
- In short, packages of all kinds began to increase and multiply upon him. - "Tom Brown at Oxford", Thomas Hughes.
- A bed should appear about half stocked till the plants are nearly ready to set, when they will suddenly spread and seem to multiply. - "Tobacco; Its History, Varieties, Culture, Manufacture and Commerce", E. R. Billings.