Definition of mushy:
hokey, mawkish, maudlin, schmalzy, bathetic, resist, soupy, sentimental, schmaltzy, pappy, feelings, soppy, tear-jerking, quaggy, artificial, soft, kitschy, effusive, pulpous, sodden, drizzly, contrived, squashy, gushy, slushy, sobby, stilted, drippy, emotional.
- pulpy (part of speech: adjective)
- soft (part of speech: adjective)
- sensitive (part of speech: adjective)
- "The-Suffrage-Cook-Book", Kleber, L. O., Mrs..
- "In the Heart of a Fool", William Allen White.
Mrs. Smythe, whose husband had been a well- known Wall Street plunger, was soft and mushy, and very gushing in manner; and she asked him to come home to dinner with her, adding, " I'll introduce you to my babies."- "The Metropolis", Upton Sinclair.