Definition of music:
- A more or less musical sound made by many of the lower animals. See Stridulation.
- Harmony; an accordant combination of simultaneous tones.
- Love of music; capacity of enjoying music.
- Melody; a rhythmical and otherwise agreeable succession of tones.
- The science and the art of tones, or musical sounds, i. e., sounds of higher or lower pitch, begotten of uniform and synchronous vibrations, as of a string at various degrees of tension; the science of harmonical tones which treats of the principles of harmony, or the properties, dependences, and relations of tones to each other; the art of combining tones in a manner to please the ear.
- The written and printed notation of a musical composition; the score.
euphony, phrasing, strain, medication, measure, undergo, feeling, medicinal drug, medicament, refrain, suffer, practice of medicine, medicine, medical specialty, unison, sensitivity, appreciation, endure, minstrelsy, sheet music.