Definition of musk:
- A plant of the genus Erodium ( E. moschatum); - called also musky heron's- bill.
- A plant of the genus Muscari; grape hyacinth.
- A substance of a reddish brown color, and when fresh of the consistence of honey, obtained from a bag being behind the navel of the male musk deer. It has a slightly bitter taste, but is specially remarkable for its powerful and enduring odor. It is used in medicine as a stimulant antispasmodic. The term is also applied to secretions of various other animals, having a similar odor.
- The musk deer. See deer ( below).
- The musk plant ( Mimulus moschatus).
- The perfume emitted by musk, or any perfume somewhat similar.
- To perfume with musk.
- "The Nests and Eggs of Indian Birds, Volume 1", Allan O. Hume.
- "The Closet of Sir Kenelm Digby Knight Opened", Kenelm Digby.
- "Eskimo Folktales", Unknown.