Definition of name:
- A descriptive or qualifying appellation given to a person or thing, on account of a character or acts.
- A person, an individual.
- Reputed character; reputation, good or bad; estimation; fame; especially, illustrious character or fame; honorable estimation; distinction.
- The title by which any person or thing is known or designated; a distinctive specific appellation, whether of an individual or a class.
- Those of a certain name; a race; a family.
- To designate ( a member) by name, as the Speaker does by way of reprimand.
- To designate by name or specifically for any purpose; to nominate; to specify; to appoint; as, to name a day for the wedding.
- To give a distinctive name or appellation to; to entitle; to denominate; to style; to call.
- To mention by name; to utter or publish the name of; to refer to by distinctive title; to mention.
let out, delineate, bod, notice, human body, fig, work, hold, cite, evoke, put forward, tab, defame, key out, reach, prenomen, denote, pick out, forebode, flesh, signalize, offense, take a crap, curse, elevate, physique, cut, attack, pattern, lay down, realise, knowledge, number, give away, sign, touch on, signalise, call down, personality, discover, hollo, detect, give ear, make, parent, repute, plant, style, form, learn, ca-ca, telephone, trace, call, notable, mention, send for, go by, VIP, living legend, call after, piss, hit, pee, superstar, foretell, mark, piddle, score, progress to, light upon, refer, call in, heel, castigate, pretend, decide, commit yourself, come down, prognosticate, advert, note, chance upon, gain, cry, gens, make up, get, Christian name, family name, pull in, aka, put into, denomination, words, nickname, phone, anatomy, defecate, settle, tell apart, produce, summon, squall, relieve oneself, signature, fall upon, figure, design, comprise, figure of speech, get a line, digit, get up, alias, resolve, single out, unwrap, realize, call up, make believe, come across, happen upon, soma, yell, pay heed, create, number off, address, reboot, shout out, list, adduce, be, concern, take a leak, reputed, fix, relate, puddle, induce, reputation, nom de plume, personage, bring up, frame, ready, conclude, insult, stool, disclose, reveal, institute, trope, hang, secernate, severalize, cook, reference, shit, pass water, invoke, get wind, take, baptize, spend a penny, boot, do, represent, raise, distinguish, lean, hero, rear, jibe, shape, strike, make out, cause, key, put in, find, crap, star, patronymic, kiss-off, visit, throw, have, arouse, place, constitute, report, severalise, epithet, found, let on, spot, separate, nurture, luminary, arrive at, agnomen, lift, respected, appoint, touch, determine, anoint, prepare, summons, the glitterati, stir, slight, pseudonym, big name, assumed name, lion, identify, chance on, break, make up your mind, bring out, slur, first name, stimulate, pick, hear, earn, pertain, slander, specific, cognomen, appellative, bear on, recognise, micturate, pick up, celebrity, attend, describe, adjudicate, depict, icon, abduce, image, call forth, discern, take a shit, propose, nominate, holler, anticipate, reputable, look up, take in, handle, conjure, wee, recognized, find out, secern, give, offence, line, construct, clear, conjure up, draw, pen name, account, answer to, expose, esteemed, predict, recognize, differentiate, character, seduce, sleb, shout, call off, material body, public figure, put up, get to, come to, allude, pee-pee, wee-wee, name-calling, bring in, tell, physical body, attain, quote, bid, scream, consult, urinate, respect, remark, name after, observe, see, ring, prestigious, estimable, divulge, rep, promise, diagnose, make water, chassis, have-to doe with, come upon, build, get word, establish.
- name (part of speech: verb)
- delegate (part of speech: verb)
- nomenclature (part of speech: noun)
- reputation (part of speech: noun)
- word (part of speech: noun)