Definition of narrowly:
- Sparingly; parsimoniously.
- With a little margin or space; by a small distance; hence, closely; hardly; barely; only just; - often with reference to an avoided danger or misfortune; as, he narrowly escaped.
- With little breadth; in a narrow manner.
- With minute scrutiny; closely; as, to look or watch narrowly; to search narrowly.
- Without much extent; contractedly.
- "Plutarch-Lives-of-the-noble-Grecians-and-Romans", Clough, Arthur Hugh.
- "The Three Lieutenants", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "The Eagle's Heart", Hamlin Garland.