Definition of nasal:
- A medicine that operates through the nose; an errhine.
- A plate, or scale, on the nose of a fish, etc.
- An elementary sound which is uttered through the nose, or through both the nose and the mouth simultaneously.
- Having a quality imparted by means of the nose; and specifically, made by lowering the soft palate, in some cases with closure of the oral passage, the voice thus issuing ( wholly or partially) through the nose, as in the consonants m, n, ng ( see Guide to Pronunciation, // 20, 208); characterized by resonance in the nasal passage; as, a nasal vowel; a nasal utterance.
- Of or pertaining to the nose.
- One of the nasal bones.
- Part of a helmet projecting to protect the nose; a nose guard.
nasal consonant, penurious, adenoidal, wasted, alveolar, flat, nosebleed, skeletal, appealing, os nasale, breathy, affricate, consonant, aspirate, booger, high-pitched, croaky, penniless, assonance, aquiline, pinched, bogie, haggard, bridge, disembodied, brittle, high, emaciated, gaunt, dead, impecunious, bony, bilabial, hard up, close vowel, nostril, bung up, adenoids, rhinal, grating, closed syllable, nasal bone, aspiration, cadaverous, fruity.
- "When Egypt Went Broke", Holman Day.
- "Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities--Head--Neck. Sixth Edition.", Alexander Miles Alexis Thomson.
- "Joe Burke's Last Stand", John Moncure Wetterau.