Definition of nation:
- A great number; a great deal; - by way of emphasis; as, a nation of herbs.
- A part, or division, of the people of the earth, distinguished from the rest by common descent, language, or institutions; a race; a stock.
- Family; lineage.
- One of the divisions of university students in a classification according to nativity, formerly common in Europe.
- One of the four divisions ( named from the parts of Scotland) in which students were classified according to their nativity.
- The body of inhabitants of a country, united under an independent government of their own.
ground, democracy, dominion, nationality, rural area, land, citizen, full-blooded, ethnic, a people, society, oligarchy, autarky, ethnicity, demesne, earth, citizenry, monarchy, soil, state of matter, the body politic, race, tribe, terra firma, dictatorship, citizenship, res publica, compatriot, aboriginal, ethnic minority, state, dry land, polity, sovereignty, minority, countryman, solid ground, countrywoman, people, populace, population, black, Carry Nation, farming, country, birthright, acres, government, republic, federation, carry amelia moore nation, politics, body politic, estate, principality, protectorate, commonwealth, public, landed estate, multiracial, community, Aryan.
region (part of speech: noun)
- "Essays ∆sthetical", George Calvert.
- "The Princess Virginia", C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson.
- "The Reign of Law A Tale of the Kentucky Hemp Fields", James Lane Allen.