Definition of national :
1. Attached to one's own country or nation.
2. Of or pertaining to a nation; common to a whole people or race; public; general; as, a national government, language, dress, custom, calamity, etc.
sweeping, federal, field, political, communal, governmental, nationalistic, field of study, matter, specific, subject, inland, general, guinea pig, interstate, group, issue, native, politics, social, home, royal, discipline, widespread, subject area, study, topic, nationwide, public, depicted object, civic, societal, sovereign, politic, imperial, interior, nationalist, internal, bailiwick, domestic, case, subject field, civil, citizen, content, theme
regional (part of speech: adjective)
district, sector, realm, local, area, regional, provincial, divisional, colonial, city, town, state, riding, zone, canton, commonwealth, precinct, county, Shire, tract, territorial, circuit, borough, quarter
- The humor of which we are speaking now is a strictly popular and national possession. - "Brief History of English and American Literature", Henry A. Beers.
- I expect it of the National Assembly. - "Marie Antoinette And Her Son", Louise Muhlbach Official.
- Tonight, we face new and sudden national challenges. - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.