Definition of native:
- Any of the live stock found in a region, as distinguished from such as belong to pure and distinct imported breeds.
- Arising by birth; having an origin; born.
- Born in the region in which one lives; as, a native inhabitant, race; grown or originating in the region where used or sold; not foreign or imported; as, native oysters, or strawberries.
- Conferred by birth; derived from origin; born with one; inherent; inborn; not acquired; as, native genius, cheerfulness, simplicity, rights, etc.
- Found in nature uncombined with other elements; as, native silver.
- Found in nature; not artificial; as native sodium chloride.
- Naturally related; cognate; connected ( with).
- Of or pertaining to one's birth; natal; belonging to the place or the circumstances in which one is born; - opposed to foreign; as, native land, language, color, etc.
- One who, or that which, is born in a place or country referred to; a denizen by birth; an animal, a fruit, or vegetable, produced in a certain region; as, a native of France.
- Original; constituting the original substance of anything; as, native dust.
autochthonous, indispensable, fundamental, built-in, start, indwelling, congenital, primal, hereditary, home, inseparable, national, aborigine, constitutional, foreign, be, inherent, primordial, foreign, original, primitive, regional, wild, inbred, normal, immanent, unprocessed, rough, unrefined, inherited, pure, elemental, hereditary, internal, imported, indigen, inhering, primaeval, belonging, mother, vegetate, live simply, infixed, inborn, innate, vernacular, ingrained, untamed, natural, crude, clean, connatural, indigenous, raw, change, constitutional, native-born, intrinsic, inherited, primary, native Australian, unnatural, undomesticated, inwrought, autochthonic, domestic, indigene, essential, homegrown, local, uncultivated, subjective, endemic, primeval, autochthonal, aboriginal.
- "Alice, or The Mysteries, Book II", Edward Bulwer Lytton.
- "Flash-lights from the Seven Seas", William L. Stidger Commentator: Bishop Francis J. McConnell.
- "A Poor Man's House", Stephen Sydney Reynolds.