Definition of nature :
1. Conformity to that which is natural, as distinguished from that which is artifical, or forced, or remote from actual experience.
2. Constitution or quality of mind or character.
3. Hence: Kind, sort; character; quality.
4. Natural affection or reverence.
5. Physical constitution or existence; the vital powers; the natural life.
6. The established or regular course of things; usual order of events; connection of cause and effect.
7. The existing system of things; the world of matter, or of matter and mind; the creation; the universe.
8. The personified sum and order of causes and effects; the powers which produce existing phenomena, whether in the total or in detail; the agencies which carry on the processes of creation or of being; -- often conceived of as a single and separate entity, embodying the total of all finite agencies and forces as disconnected from a creating or ordering intelligence.
9. The sum of qualities and attributes which make a person or thing what it is, as distinct from others; native character; inherent or essential qualities or attributes; peculiar constitution or quality of being.
10. To endow with natural qualities.
environment, being, breed, macrocosm, part, group, essentiality, out-of-doors, humor, stamp, radiation, mold, scenery, energy, stripe, ilk, regeneration, matter, reality, sort, cast, naturally, record, essence, texture, strength, water power, type, feather, variety, by birth, lot, constitution, as a matter of course, persuasion, generation, view, order, fission, makeup, fusion, physics, restoration, genius, quality, substance, quintessence, be, surface, complexion, species, temper, landscape, manner, spirit, quickening
character (part of speech: noun)
universe (part of speech: noun)
life (part of speech: noun)