Definition of navicular :
1. Of, pertaining to, or resembling, a boat or ship.
2. Shaped like a boat; cymbiform; scaphoid; as, the navicular glumes of most grasses; the navicular bone.
3. The navicular bone.
- The tuberosity of the navicular is sometimes torn away by violent traction on the ligaments attached to it. - "Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities--Head--Neck. Sixth Edition.", Alexander Miles Alexis Thomson.
- All the tissues on the medial, concave side of the foot are shortened, the structures most affected being the medial and the posterior ligaments of the ankle, and the inferior calcaneo- navicular ligament. - "Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities--Head--Neck. Sixth Edition.", Alexander Miles Alexis Thomson.
- In every case, however, where it can with any certainty be said that navicular disease exists, it is too late to meet with this condition. - "Diseases of the Horse's Foot", Harry Caulton Reeks.