Definition of navigate:
- To joirney by water; to go in a vessel or ship; to perform the duties of a navigator; to use the waters as a highway or channel for commerce or communication; to sail.
- To pass over in ships; to sail over or on; as, to navigate the Atlantic.
- To steer, direct, or manage in sailing; to conduct ( ships) upon the water by the art or skill of seamen; as, to navigate a ship.
deal with, walk on, cross, perambulate, coordinate, back and fill, chat, flame, control, fly, handle, travel, carry on, globe, track, peregrinate, steer, lay the course, address, boundary, operate, take something on board, dial up, combat, forge ahead, head, make the best of something, contour, flow, drive, tackle, do something, sweep, follow, aviate, grid reference, download, jockey, voyage, cover, proceed, see about, course, atlas, ship, maintain, go, pass, face, move, hook up, sail, ride out, facebook, chart, conn, browse, grid, press, cartography, transit, bookmark, lie to, head out for, pilot, progress, host, cut, helm.
Tupia informed us, when I was first here, that the whole island raised only between six and seven thousand men; but we now saw two districts only raise that number; so that he must have taken his account from some old establishment; or else he only meant Tatatous, that is warriors, or men trained from their infancy to arms, and did not include the rowers, and those necessary to navigate the other vessels.- "A Voyage Towards the South Pole and Round the World, Volume 1", James Cook.
- "Monopolies and the People", D. C. Cloud.
- "The Flying Stingaree", Harold Leland Goodwin.