Definition of necessity:
- That which is necessary; a necessary; a requisite; something indispensable; - often in the plural.
- That which makes an act or an event unavoidable; irresistible force; overruling power; compulsion, physical or moral; fate; fatality.
- The condition of being needy or necessitous; pressing need; indigence; want.
- The negation of freedom in voluntary action; the subjection of all phenomena, whether material or spiritual, to inevitable causation; necessitarianism.
- The quality or state of being necessary, unavoidable, or absolutely requisite; inevitableness; indispensableness.
essentiality, necessarily, impecuniousness, task, privation, destiny, impoverishment, exaction, requisite, mare, inexorableness, wherefore, the impossible, pressure, destitution, reason, claim, emergency, feature, burden, struggle, penuriousness, desideratum, surely, stress, necessary, element, chore, unavoidableness, requirement, lack, poverty, occasion, ground, sine qua non, importantly, cause, destituteness, beggary, pauperism, indispensableness, precondition, priority, fundamental, needful, indispensability, concern, poorness, start, headache, key, extremity, burning issue/question, urgency, core, indigence, penury, essential, basis, impecuniosity, pinch, exigence, want, exigency, fatality, staple, justification, call, the elephant in the room, essence, fate, why, must-have, a tall order, neediness.
- obligation (part of speech: noun)
- requirement (part of speech: noun)
- "Messages from the Epistle to the Hebrews", Handley C.G. Moule.
- "The Rise of the Dutch Republic, Volume II.(of III) 1566-74", John Lothrop Motley Last Updated: January 25, 2009.
- "Amabel Channice", Anne Douglas Sedgwick.