Definition of needle:
- A slender rod or wire used in knitting; a knitting needle; also, a hooked instrument which carries the thread or twine, and by means of which knots or loops are formed in the process of netting, knitting, or crocheting.
- A small instrument of steel, sharply pointed at one end, with an eye to receive a thread, - used in sewing.
- Any slender, pointed object, like a needle, as a pointed crystal, a sharp pinnacle of rock, an obelisk, etc.
- One of the needle- shaped secondary leaves of pine trees. See Pinus.
- See Magnetic needle, under Magnetic.
- To form in the shape of a needle; as, to needle crystals.
- To form needles; to crystallize in the form of needles.
anode, sharp, syringe, CD player, defibrillator, circuitry, madden, indicator, thimble, gramophone, circuit breaker, aerial root, bulb, bract, ghetto blaster, electrocardiograph, cast on, pointer, cathode, earphones, knitting, hi-fi, phonograph needle, diaphragm, hype, goad, boom box, rib, compact disc player, boll, hypodermic, notions, anther, crochet, drain, knitting needle, circuit board, bur, prick, deck, index, pinhead, cotton reel, earpiece, eye, balloon, electrocardiogram, bud, cast off, knit, stylus, bobbin, conduit, pincushion, circuit, beanstalk, frustrate, ribbing, hypodermic syringe, EEG, anger, catheter, hypodermic needle, ECG, Acerate Leaf, nettle, hand, contact, jukebox, drive someone mad, cable stitch, coil, director, prickle, EKG, gauge, drip, cotton, provoke.
- aggravate (part of speech: verb)
- perforate (part of speech: verb)
- perforator (part of speech: noun)
- needle (part of speech: noun)
- "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II", Joshua Rose.
- "The Heart of Arethusa", Francis Barton Fox.
- "The Mystery of the Green Ray", William Le Queux.