Definition of neglect:
- Habitual carelessness; negligence.
- Not to attend to with due care or attention; to forbear one's duty in regard to; to suffer to pass unimproved, unheeded, undone, etc.; to omit; to disregard; to slight; as, to neglect duty or business; to neglect to pay debts.
- Omission if attention or civilities; slight; as, neglect of strangers.
- Omission of proper attention; avoidance or disregard of duty, from heedlessness, indifference, or willfulness; failure to do, use, or heed anything; culpable disregard; as, neglect of business, of health, of economy.
- The state of being disregarded, slighted, or neglected.
- To omit to notice; to forbear to treat with attention or respect; to slight; as, to neglect strangers.
shove around, discount, miss, indifference, fell, lack, miscarry, command, break, bother, overlook, go wrong, dominate, oppress, spend, swing, cut, inattentive, give out, concern, abuse, chaos, except, unload, devolve, go, abdicate, delay, sink, coolness, escape, deteriorate, deny, betray, oversight, reject, inadvertence, dangle, strike down, look out over, leave out, preoccupied, let nature take its course, misprision, pretermit, remissness, heedlessness, drip, default, overleap, desolation, can't bring yourself to do something, refrain, flunk, run out, scorn, drop down, zone, take out, disdain, put aside, absent, disrespect, make no move, neglectful, in a dream, drop, dilapidation, vault, dribble, shake off, leave off, give way, slack, disregard, bomb, brush aside, unconcern, fail, cast off, IgG, inattention, distant, kick around, cut down, send away, throw, abstracted, mistreat, omit to do something, hit out, look out on, cast, push aside, delinquency, shed, vacantly, disavow, overtop, wash your hands of, knock off, turn off, spaced out, set down, flush it, dismiss, ignore, sit by, flatten, look across, nonfeasance, break down, degenerate, throw off, write off, put down, carelessness, snub, omit, negligence, go bad, put something down to experience, shirk, slackness, inconsideration, not be someone's keeper, in a world of your own, discharge, do, grind down, abstain, neglectfulness, space, disclaim, send packing, do someone wrong, conk out, stand by, expend, disrepair, nonperformance, care for, brush off, drop off, trample, exclude, slight, seediness, disuse, throw away, lapse, die.
- forget (part of speech: verb)
- dereliction (part of speech: noun)
- ignore (part of speech: verb)
neglect (part of speech: verb)
- noncompliance (part of speech: noun)
- "The Captain of the Gray-Horse Troop", Hamlin Garland.
- "Half a Dozen Girls", Anna Chapin Ray.
- "The Jonathan Papers", Elisabeth Woodbridge Morris.