Definition of neighbor :
1. A person who lives near another; one whose abode is not far off.
2. Near to another; adjoining; adjacent; next; neighboring.
3. One entitled to, or exhibiting, neighborly kindness; hence, one of the human race; a fellow being.
4. One who is near in sympathy or confidence.
5. To adjoin; to border on; tobe near to.
6. To associate intimately with.
7. To dwell in the vicinity; to be a neighbor, or in the neighborhood; to be near.
march, close, next-door-neighbor, nearby, skirt, flank, neighbouring, verge, next to, attached, abut, next-door, nearby resident, alongside, bystander, near, join, beside, butt, friend, border, butt on or, united, bound, neighborhood, touch, neighbourhood, fringe, adjoin, meet, neighboring, neighbour
- We have only the wild bees' honey, a taste for each neighbor." - "A Little Maid of Old Maine", Alice Turner Curtis.
- At the same time Diodoros heard his next neighbor, a member of the city senate, say: " How quietly it is going off! - "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- Law is one thing, but a right attitude, where property is concerned, towards one's neighbor is quite another. - "Flamsted quarries", Mary E. Waller.