Definition of neighborhood:
- A place near; vicinity; adjoining district; a region the inhabitants of which may be counted as neighbors; as, he lives in my neighborhood.
- The disposition becoming a neighbor; neighborly kindness or good will.
- The inhabitants who live in the vicinity of each other; as, the fire alarmed all the neiborhood.
- The quality or condition of being a neighbor; the state of being or dwelling near; proximity.
resemblance, region, contiguity, community, block, locality, propinquity, likeness, ward, approach, suburb, parish, section, approximation, locale, vicinity, vicinage, belt, purlieus, part, neck of the woods, neighbourhood, similarity.
- environmental (part of speech: adjective)
- extent (part of speech: noun)
- environment (part of speech: noun)
- near (part of speech: adjective)
region (part of speech: noun)
- nearness (part of speech: noun)
We love them with all our hearts; they are the prettiest girls in the neighborhood, and we are truly sorry when we think that we have injured their reputation; but that we should marry them now you can't possibly expect of us.- "Dame Care", Hermann Sudermann.
- "The Living Link", James De Mille.
- "The Professor's Mystery", Wells Hastings Brian Hooker.