Definition of nerve :
1. A sinew or a tendon.
2. Audacity; assurance.
3. One of the nervures, or veins, in the wings of insects.
4. One of the principal fibrovascular bundles or ribs of a leaf, especially when these extend straight from the base or the midrib of the leaf.
5. One of the whitish and elastic bundles of fibers, with the accompanying tissues, which transmit nervous impulses between nerve centers and various parts of the animal body.
6. Physical force or steadiness; muscular power and control; constitutional vigor.
7. Steadiness and firmness of mind; self- command in personal danger, or under suffering; unshaken courage and endurance; coolness; pluck; resolution.
8. To give strength or vigor to; to supply with force; as, fear nerved his arm.
nitty-gritty, familiarity, administration, undauntedness, brass instrument, ticker, facial expression, temerity, dauntlessness, help, pump, brazenness, nervus, gall, affectionateness, punk, human face, cheek, tissue, pushiness, sum, buttock, brass, typeface, fount, center, pith, courtesy, sauciness, encourage, side, disrespect, hardiness, hardihood, chutzpah, overconfidence, sauce, inwardness, meat, aspect, font, warmheartedness, plaque, attitude, brashness, memorial tablet, sassiness, gut, affection, uppityness, spirit, organization, impudency, organisation, stoutheartedness, governing body, valiancy, valiantness, establishment, substance, heart, gallantry, assumption, perk up, heart and soul, tenderness, uppishness, pluckiness, touchwood, nub, audaciousness, kindling, case, doughtiness, cheekiness, steel, impudence, gameness, rudeness, nerviness, brass section, hearten, forwardness, strikingness, crust, discourtesy, insolence, grimace, gist, face, governance, fear, buck up, pertness, incivility, essence, gutsiness, eye, bosom, tinder, fondness, impertinence, centre, effrontery, kernel, presumptuousness, warmness, philia, expression, look, marrow, spunkiness, middle, core
bravery (part of speech: noun)
courage (part of speech: noun)