Definition of neutralize:
- To destroy the peculiar or opposite dispositions of; to reduce to a state of indifference inefficience; to counteract; as, to neutralize parties in government; to neutralize efforts, opposition, etc.
- To render inert or imperceptible the peculiar affinities of, as a chemical substance; to destroy the effect of; as, to neutralize an acid with a base.
- To render neutral; to reduce to a state of neutrality.
ice, ravage, even out, self-destruct, take out, blow, dispatch, belie, cop, damage, negate, countermine, adsorb, counterbalance, avoid, assay, assassinate, emaciate, outweigh, snitch, set off, dash off, hook, even up, redeem, nullify, shave, drop, knock off, make up, thieve, whack, scourge, substitute, counterpoise, snuff, devastate, behavior, burst, contravene, execute, action, calcify, scratch off, macerate, void, slay, squander, rub out, blow off, counteract, blast, croak, spoil, do in, run off, toss off, pine away, cancel out, neutralise, bond, taint, pay off, waste, loose on, put away, quash, terminate, negative, off, blow up, harm, countercheck, subvert, behave, explode, get, liquidate, desolate, ware, countervail, blow a hole in something, fling off, sabotage, lay waste to, rot, even off, cost, antagonize, rip through, blow apart, counterpoise, bump off, antagonise, overshadow, languish, consume, balanced equation, zap, the carbon cycle, glom, aerate.
- annul (part of speech: verb)
- counteract (part of speech: verb)
- disable (part of speech: verb)
- compensate (part of speech: verb)
- "If You're Going to Live in the Country", Thomas H. Ormsbee and Richmond Huntley.
- "Woodward's Country Homes", George E. Woodward F. W. Woodward.
- "The Pecan and its Culture", H. Harold Hume.