Definition of niggardly:
uncharitable, close, tightfisted, greedy, slender, pinchpenny, scrimy, not go far, avaricious, give, study at stingy, pocket money, nominal, thrifty, stinting, economies, grudging, frugal, rapacious, niggard, a red cent, skimp, penurious, ungenerous, economical, tight, parsimonious, pittance, peanuts, subsistence, covetous, cheap, stingy, petty, pin money, chicken feed, sou, exiguous, thrift, chintzy, costive, closefisted, mingy, mean, penny-pinching, careful, light, close-fisted, sordid, pinching, economic, hand-to-mouth, hard-fisted.
- few (part of speech: adjective)
- compactly (part of speech: adverb)
- insufficient (part of speech: adjective)
- insufficiently (part of speech: adverb)
small (part of speech: adjective)
- "Look Back on Happiness", Knut Hamsun.
- "Maximina", Armando Palacio Valdés.
They knew that Peggy was no niggardly woman, but a most liberal one according to her means and her opportunities- that she gave personal services out of a very busy life, and money, too, out of an income that had many claims on it.- "Mr. Hogarth's Will", Catherine Helen Spence.