Definition of nigh:
- Almost; nearly; as, he was nigh dead.
- In a situation near in place or time, or in the course of events; near.
- Near to; not remote or distant from.
- Not distant or remote in place or time; near.
- Not remote in degree, kindred, circumstances, etc.; closely allied; intimate.
- To draw nigh ( to); to approach; to come near.
closelipped, unaired, airless, dear, abutting, approximately, beside, faithful, nearby, penny-pinching, confining, most, intimately, nearly, near, cheeseparing, attached, closemouthed, adjacent, some, stuffy, tight, well-nigh, around, or so, close, almost, about, hard, next, conterminous, just about, to the highest degree, tightlipped, roughly, neighboring, coterminous, approximate, more or less, snug, secretive, close to, bordering, adjoining, cheeseparing, skinny, virtually, close-fitting, closely, contiguous, good.