Definition of nigh :
1. Almost; nearly; as, he was nigh dead.
2. In a situation near in place or time, or in the course of events; near.
3. Near to; not remote or distant from.
4. Not distant or remote in place or time; near.
5. Not remote in degree, kindred, circumstances, etc.; closely allied; intimate.
6. To draw nigh ( to); to approach; to come near.
approximate, dear, approximately, abutting, just about, near, about, conterminous, close-fitting, more or less, to the highest degree, nearly, almost, confining, cheeseparing, snug, penny-pinching, tight, coterminous, unaired, tightlipped, stuffy, close, or so, closemouthed, neighboring, roughly, faithful, most, good, close to, adjoining, beside, secretive, skinny, nearby, some, hard, around, airless, bordering, attached, adjacent, well-nigh, virtually, intimately, contiguous, closelipped, closely, next
near (part of speech: adjective)