Definition of night:
- A lifeless or unenlivened period, as when nature seems to sleep.
- A state of affliction; adversity; as, a dreary night of sorrow.
- Darkness; obscurity; concealment.
- Intellectual and moral darkness; ignorance.
- That part of the natural day when the sun is beneath the horizon, or the time from sunset to sunrise; esp., the time between dusk and dawn, when there is no light of the sun, but only moonlight, starlight, or artificial light.
- The period after the close of life; death.
- "The Magic Skin", Honore de Balzac.
- "Betty Wales Freshman", Edith K. Dunton.
- "Richard Carvel, Complete", Winston Churchill Last Updated: March 5, 2009.