Definition of ninth:
- A chord of the dominant seventh with the ninth added.
- An interval containing an octave and a second.
- Constituting or being one of nine equal parts into which anything is divided.
- Following the eight and preceding the tenth; coming after eight others.
- The quotient of one divided by nine; one of nine equal parts of a thing; the next after the eighth.
- "Out Like a Light", Gordon Randall Garrett.
Prolonged observation and careful calculation had so fully satisfied me of the necessity of the corrections in question, that I did not hesitate to alter my course accordingly, and to prepare for a descent on the thirty- ninth instead of the forty- first day.- "Across the Zodiac", Percy Greg.
- "Exercises in Knitting", Cornelia Mee.