Definition of noble:
- A European fish; the lyrie.
- A person of rank above a commoner; a nobleman; a peer.
- An English money of account, and, formerly, a gold coin, of the value of 6 s. 8 d. sterling, or about $ 1. 61.
- Grand; stately; magnificent; splendid; as, a noble edifice.
- impressive in appearance; " a baronial mansion"; " an imposing residence"; " a noble tree"; " severe- looking policemen sat astride noble horses"; " stately columns"
- Possessing eminence, elevation, dignity, etc.; above whatever is low, mean, degrading, or dishonorable; magnanimous; as, a noble nature or action; a noble heart.
- To make noble; to ennoble.
Lord, benign, remarkable, meritorious, plebeian, titled, queenlike, greathearted, majestic, imperial, sympathetic, elite, kinglike, upper-class, monarchical, warmhearted, master, valuable, patrician, elevated, gentle, admirable, poor, chivalric, high-minded, over, coroneted, blue, fearful, perfect, aristocratical, appalling, grand, reputable, bounteous, first-rate, truthful, royal, nobleman, solemn, aristocratic, highbred, useful, wellborn, ennobling, distinctive, upstanding, honorable, alarming, stately, faithful, purple, impressive, overlord, resolute, dread, unreactive, dire, exalted, extraordinary, grandiose, thoroughbred, statuesque, high-flown, terrible, devoted, magnanimous, brilliant, cultivated, inferior, dreadful, common, liberal, self-denying, shocking, constant, horrible, solid, preeminent, splendid, big, just, self-forgetful, queenly, sublime, portentous, manly, refined, noble-minded, high, august, excellent, magnific, frightful, terrific, upright, direful, princely, monarchal, highborn, kingly, awful, sincere, supreme, low, idealistic, superb, worthy, great-hearted, dignifying, imposing, corrupt, formal, veracious, tolerant, lordly, baronial, rarefied, lionhearted, eminent, honourable, lofty, rarified, trustworthy, blue-blooded, regal, candid, magnificent, superior, mettlesome.
- courteous (part of speech: adjective)
- benevolent (part of speech: adjective)
- noble (part of speech: adjective)
- respectable (part of speech: adjective)
- virtuous (part of speech: adjective)
- "His Sombre Rivals", E. P. Roe.
- "Four Arthurian Romances "Erec et Enide", "Cliges", "Yvain", and "Lancelot"", Chretien DeTroyes.
- "Naples Past and Present", Arthur H. Norway.