Definition of nod:
- A dropping or bending forward of the upper oart or top of anything.
- A quick or slight downward or forward motion of the head, in assent, in familiar salutation, in drowsiness, or in giving a signal, or a command.
- To be drowsy or dull; to be careless.
- To bend or incline the upper part, with a quick motion; as, nodding plumes.
- To cause to bend.
- To incline or bend, as the head or top; to make a motion of assent, of salutation, or of drowsiness with; as, to nod the head.
- To incline the head with a quick motion; to make a slight bow; to make a motion of assent, of salutation, or of drowsiness, with the head; as, to nod at one.
- To signify by a nod; as, to nod approbation.
toss your head/hair back, bounce, wag, bob your head, acquiesce, agree, vibrate, dig, flip off, catnap, yes, subscribe, flutter, dip, tilt, siesta, flag down, doze, snooze, duck, oscillate, consent, seesaw, awareness, hand-wringing, greeting, moon, toss, wobble, pump, accede, incline, lift, avert your eyes/gaze/head etc., assent, permission, shake, rock, bobble, acceptance, jog, high five, accept, nap, jounce, inclination.
- greet (part of speech: verb)
- indicate (part of speech: verb)
- hang (part of speech: verb)
- "Springhaven A Tale of the Great War", R. D. Blackmore.
- "Bad Hugh", Mary Jane Holmes.
- "The Twilight of the Souls", Louis Couperus.