Definition of Noddy:
- A simpleton; a fool.
- A small two- wheeled one- horse vehicle.
- An allowance of a certain amount of time or distance in starting, granted in a race to the competitor possessing inferior advantages; or an additional weight or other hindrance imposed upon the one possessing superior advantages, in order to equalize, as much as possible, the chances of success; as, the handicap was five seconds, or ten pounds, and the like.
- An inverted pendulum consisting of a short vertical flat spring which supports a rod having a bob at the top; - used for detecting and measuring slight horizontal vibrations of a body to which it is attached.
- Any tern of the genus Anous, as A. stolidus.
- The arctic fulmar ( Fulmarus glacialis). Sometimes also applied to other sea birds.
dumbhead, moron, chucklehead, noodle, know-nothing, fathead, dullard, hardhead, nit, saphead, dunderhead, cretin, dodo, dimwit, ratbag, meathead, stupe, ignoramus, dummkopf, pinhead, turkey, schlub, clunk, goon, birdbrain, clot, nitwit, yahoo, numskull, dim bulb, dork, nincompoop, cuddy, stupid, knucklehead, woodenhead, dunce, dolt, chowderhead, oaf, bubblehead, ninnyhammer, natural, prat, nimrod, imbecile, lunkhead, dip, stock, thickhead, dumbbell, mug, golem, ninny, dummy, deadhead, dope, yo-yo, bonehead, loon, donkey, jackass, blockhead, loggerhead, clodpoll, cluck, airhead, goof, schnook, doofus, simpleton, gander, half-wit, mome, lump, hammerhead, lamebrain, mutt, dum-dum.
- "Pastoral Poems by Nicholas Breton, Selected Poetry by George Wither, and Pastoral Poetry by William Browne (of Tavistock)", Nicholas Breton, George Wither, and William Browne (of Tavistock).
- "Dramatic Reader for Lower Grades", Florence Holbrook.
- "The Love Affairs of a Bibliomaniac", Eugene Field.