Definition of norman :
1. A native or inhabitant of Normandy; originally, one of the Northmen or Scandinavians who conquered Normandy in the 10th century; afterwards, one of the mixed ( Norman- French) race which conquered England, under William the Conqueror.
2. A wooden bar, or iron pin.
3. Of or pertaining to Normandy or to the Normans; as, the language; the conquest.
- Matthew, Philip Norman, Richard B.
- Having a nose is more comic even than having a Norman nose. - "Orthodoxy", G. K. Chesterton.
- The English language was never Celtic, the Celtic never grew into Saxon, nor the Saxon into Norman, nor the Norman into English. - "Lectures on The Science of Language", Max MÃ¼ller.