Definition of north :
1. Any country or region situated farther to the north than another; the northern section of a country.
2. Lying toward the north; situated at the north, or in a northern direction from the point of observation or reckoning; proceeding toward the north, or coming from the north.
4. Specifically: That part of the United States lying north of Mason and Dixon's line. See under Line.
5. That one of the four cardinal points of the compass, at any place, which lies in the direction of the true meridian, and to the left hand of a person facing the east; the direction opposite to the south.
6. To turn or move toward the north; to veer from the east or west toward the north.
nitrogen, Arctic regions, cold, conjugation, gentle, easternmost, E., join, northeastward, south, northern section, eastward, Frederick North, north-central, matrimony, Second Earl of Guilford, bearing, magnetic north, the borderland, northwest, atomic number 7, district, due north, northernmost, northland, normality, following, northerly, labor union, polar, the north woods, northwesterly, area, spousal relationship, Co., sexual union, to the north, the north country, country, uniting, the frozen north, coupling, northmost, northeasterly, N, easterly, east, northwestward, polar regions, marriage, northwestern, corridor, northeastern, cardinal point, septentrion, brotherhood, pairing, gusty, biting, wedlock, cutting, trade union, mating, conglutination, tundra, boreal, union, northern, sum, county, newton, northbound, arctic, northward, compass north, airspace, the Beaufort scale, belt, trades union, Northern Hemisphere, northeast, compass, unification, force, gale-force, in the north, northwards, direction, land of ice and snow, breadbasket, jointure