Definition of nose:
- A projecting end or beak at the front of an object; a snout; a nozzle; a spout; as, the nose of a bellows; the nose of a teakettle.
- The power of smelling; hence, scent.
- The prominent part of the face or anterior extremity of the head containing the nostrils and olfactory cavities; the olfactory organ. See Nostril, and Olfactory organ under Olfactory.
- to beat by ( the length of) a nose.
- To confront; be closely face to face or opposite to; meet.
- To examine with the nose or sense of smell.
- To furnish with a nose; as, to nose a stair tread.
- To make by advancing the nose or front end; as, the train nosed its way into the statio;
- To pry officiously into what does not concern one.
- To push or move with the nose or front forward.
- To smell; to scent; hence, to track, or trace out.
- To smell; to sniff; to scent.
- To touch with the nose; to push the nose into or against; hence, to interfere with; to treat insolently.
- To utter in a nasal manner; to pronounce with a nasal twang; as, to nose a prayer.
pry, walk on, curve, wrap, aileron, snuggle, lever, hoist, snout, aft, twist, progress, body, jimmy, crease, clear-sightedness, beak, olfactory organ, percipience, honker, olfaction, sagacity, roll, perceptiveness, keenness, draw close, wit, pound, wind, prod, AWACS, run down, discrimination, dimple, odourise, avionics, prise, irrupt, forge ahead, complexion, hooter, perspicacity, chin, black box, ability, poke, cuddle, move, nuzzle, cusp, sageness, discernment, projection, convex, cheek, organ, scent, get, bill, snoot, brow, pass, smeller, bay, crow's feet, penetration, meander, pike, horn in, thump, aerofoil, flow, press, go, stab, wreathe, nestle, barely, astuteness, nest, trunk, neb, odorize, bone structure, twine, acumen, too close for comfort, carry on, trace, dig, wander, wind up, lift, percipiency, eye socket, muzzle, track down, schnozzle, weave, thread, jab, nib, end, head, conk slang, intrude, tip, apex, schnoz, obtrude, careful, trespass, hunt down, proboscis, altimeter, nozzle, prize, almost, airfoil, eye, shrewdness, ballast.
- front (part of speech: noun)
- odor (part of speech: noun)
- "Bardell v. Pickwick", Percy Fitzgerald.
- "Early English Meals and Manners", Various.
- "The House of Torchy", Sewell Ford.