Definition of notability:
luminary, character, eminency, name, glory, leader, respect, lion, someone, dignitary, mark, leading light, big-timer, standout, light, star, heavyweight, note, prominency, big shot, big wheel, personage, icon, knowledge, notable, guiding light, bigwig, celeb, big name, cause célèbre, luster, figure, VIP, nabob, somebody, prestige, superstar, important, megastar, muckamuck, personality.
- importance (part of speech: noun)
- reputation (part of speech: noun)
- "Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete The Personal And Literary Life Of Samuel Langhorne Clemens", Albert Bigelow Paine Last Updated: February 20, 2009.
- "The Flockmaster of Poison Creek", George W. Ogden.
- "The Gadfly", E. L. Voynich.