Definition of notable:
- A person, or thing, of distinction.
- Capable of being noted; noticeable; plan; evident.
- One of a number of persons, before the revolution of 1789, chiefly of the higher orders, appointed by the king to constitute a representative body.
- Well- known; notorious.
- Worthy of notice; remarkable; memorable; noted or distinguished; as, a notable event, person.
noteworthy, knowledge, historied, muckamuck, nabob, illustrious, name, personage, worthy, notability, famed, respect, eminence, character, leading light, storied, big shot, renowned, noted, celebrated, lion, famous, far-famed, leader, great, big-timer, guiding light, somebody, known, prestigious, celebrity, hero, redoubtable, someone, dignitary, luminary, big wheel, VIP, personality, bigwig.
- exceptional (part of speech: adjective)
- reputable (part of speech: adjective)
- important (part of speech: adjective)
I could not avoid drinking of 5 glasses this afternoon with him, and after I had parted with him Mr. Moore and I to my house, and after we had eaten something to my lodgings, where the master of the house, a very ordinary fellow, was ready to entertain me and took me into his dining- room where his wife was, a pretty and notable lady, too fine surely for him, and too much wit too.- "Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete Transcribed From The Shorthand Manuscript In The Pepysian Library Magdalene College Cambridge By The Rev. Mynors Bright", Samuel Pepys Commentator: Lord Braybrooke.
- "The Grey Cloak", Harold MacGrath.
- "The Life of Columbus", Arthur Helps.