Definition of note :
1. A brief remark; a marginal comment or explanation; hence, an annotation on a text or author; a comment; a critical, explanatory, or illustrative observation.
2. A brief writing intended to assist the memory; a memorandum; a minute.
3. A character, variously formed, to indicate the length of a tone, and variously placed upon the staff to indicate its pitch. Hence:
4. A diplomatic missive or written communication.
5. A key of the piano or organ.
6. A list of items or of charges; an account.
7. A mark or token by which a thing may be known; a visible sign; a character; a distinctive mark or feature; a characteristic quality.
8. A mark, or sign, made to call attention, to point out something to notice, or the like; a sign, or token, proving or giving evidence.
9. A musical sound; a tone; an utterance; a tune.
10. A short informal letter; a billet.
11. A written or printed paper acknowledging a debt, and promising payment; as, a promissory note; a note of hand; a negotiable note.
12. Hence, a writing intended to be used in speaking; memoranda to assist a speaker, being either a synopsis, or the full text of what is to be said; as, to preach from notes; also, a reporter's memoranda; the original report of a speech or of proceedings.
13. Know not; knows not.
14. Need; needful business.
15. Notification; information; intelligence.
17. Observation; notice; heed.
18. Reputation; distinction; as, a poet of note.
19. State of being under observation.
20. Stigma; brand; reproach.
21. To annotate.
22. To butt; to push with the horns.
23. To charge, as with crime ( with of or for before the thing charged); to brand.
24. To denote; to designate.
25. To notice with care; to observe; to remark; to heed; to attend to.
26. To record in writing; to make a memorandum of.
27. To set down in musical characters.
mark off, course, tonus, notice, take note, production line, step, blood line, strike off, neb, pitch, subscriber line, differentiate, key, bank bill, witness, bloodline, shade, line of products, railway line, espial, placard, observe, aria, manifestation, illustriousness, maintain, honor, line of work, handbill, demarcation, level, tick off, prestige, acknowledge, banker's bill, place, argument, missive, check off, name, melody, indicator, get down, pock, government note, strike out, wrinkle, glory, see, channel, flier, agate line, flyer, abide by, observation, ancestry, degrade, announcement, card, sign, obiter dictum, product line, exegesis, cross off, let down, badge, business line, annotating, line of merchandise, refer, honour, pipeline, symbol, utterance, denounce, phone line, eyeshade, strain, feel, nib, smell, put down, air, memo, origin, position, stigmatize, tuberosity, occupation, blood, peak, tint, notability, pure tone, mention, eminence, lineage, whole step, measure, scar, beak, differentiation, symptom, disgrace, preeminence, interpretation, parentage, prominence, words, dividing line, whole tone, natural, important, banknote, inscription, berth, attention, vizor, observance, eminency, bring up, heed, line of descent, tincture, personal line of credit, pedigree, detect, tone of voice, throwaway, regard, office, musical note, broadside, lower, fame, logical argument, descent, pull down, agenda, tick, stemma, punctuate, quality, respect, luster, journal, rail line, interval, billet, situation, cross out, telephone line, demean, spirit, remark, cable, communication channel, note of hand, keep, renown, find, calendar, watch over, memorandum, prominency, posting, visor, transmission line, tear down, signification, scale, pecker, watch, look, seam, summary, nock, commemorate, scrawl, argumentation, telephone circuit, cognizance, word, rase, furrow, contrast, broadsheet, evidence, poster, knowledge, bring down, jotting, tonicity, job, reminder, crinkle, diary, line of reasoning, crease, comment, personal credit line, cite, scribble, flavor, pit, stigmatise, melodic phrase, flat, tone, flavour, notes, assembly line, sharp, figure, entry, degree, timber, indication, circular, take down, annotation, celebrate, notational system, raze, tune, advert, token, short letter, follow, keep an eye on, representation, credit line, dismantle, set, spot, business, bank line, commentary, tubercle, show, line of business, line of credit, distinction, grade, Federal Reserve note, melodic line, feeling, discover, billhook, timbre, distinguish, notation
list (part of speech: verb)
debt (part of speech: noun)
money (part of speech: noun)
funds, draft, bankroll, proceeds, silver, issue, copper, pounds, fortune, scratch, ways and means, petty cash, cash, profit, assets, coupon, net worth, bank note, greenback, purse, coinage, pocket money, treasure, ingot, bond, wad, spending money, money order, moolah, dollar, income, gold, wealth, wampum, balance sheet, swag, receipts, wallet, lucre, loot, worth, bill, money, currency, dough, bullion, capital, wherewithal, stock, sterling, nugget, change, promissory note, gross
record (part of speech: verb)
correspondence (part of speech: noun)
indicate (part of speech: verb)
cue, mark, label, nod, guide, signal, gesticulate, notify, motion, point out, symbolize, flag, wave, shrug, alert, point, denote, wink, prompt, designate, brand, beckon, stamp, tag, nudge, ticket, gesture, betoken, indicate
chronicle (part of speech: verb)